Our design approach is based on careful thought and exploration of the mission of the client and the desired culture for the workplace environment. The architectural design can be an important vehicle in institutional awareness, understanding and expressing the agency goals and aspirations, we believe it is important to approach each Interior that we design with an empathetic approach to what the user will feel by experiencing it be it through a brief visit or a work environment.
Working with the team to achieve the goals of the client, White Baux Studio will integrate with the team to bring best practices in the creation of a holistic ‘pivotable’ work environment. We believe that this approach will deliver a timeless, beautiful interior for our client community.
The selections of materials must be selected in a way that allows for continuity over the life of the building and common sense for durability and easy maintenance. Working within the localized availability of materials and sustainability, health and wellness will be a priority in our design approach.
- Library Design Consulting
- Wellness Mapping
- Well AP Certification
- Planning + Programming
- Workplace Strategy Studies
- Concept Articulation + Design Tenets
- Interior Architectural Design Submittals
- 3D Finish + Furniture Studies
- 3D Study Renderings
- Lighting Design + Coordination
- FF+E Cost Analysis
- Representational Space Design
- Interior Finish Selection + Schedules
- Furniture Selections + Specifications
- Custom Furniture Design + Drawings
- Artwork Selection
- Furniture Mock-up Coordination
Skills + Resources
- BIM Modeling in REVIT
- Sketchup + Enscape Modeling
- Graphic Support in Adobe Suite
- CSI Specifications for Divisions 6, 9 + 12
- WELL Building Certification
- Woman Owned Small Business
Library Design Consulting
With over 30 years of experience in Library Design, White Baux Studio’s unique approach results in design solutions that are representative of true 21st century Library Design. We address design problems first with clear understanding from our client: facts, needs and desired outcome. By clearly understanding the facts and needs we can then illustrate beautiful thoughtful spaces that not only look great but function well into the future.
Our systematic approach includes programming early in the design process to clearly define the spatial needs. White Baux Studio will blend our fact-finding mission with programming workshops, engaging various library stakeholders in the process with events tailored to their specific user groups. Using investigatory questions about space and operational considerations, as well as curation of relevant imagery, we gather the essential information needed to begin programming. We complete space test fit diagrams and maintain a space summary database for each individual project, providing the client with tangible and well researched planning documentation.
Based on what we learn, we then curate the concept. As designers, we take the integral experience of human occupied space seriously and through this investigation we ask questions and bring relevant ideas that may include space ideas from other building types. While the solution or outcome may be a disruption to what is typical, our approach incorporates the social, operational, and technological needs of the project to maintain quality user experiences. The result is a library design that is innovative, resilient, and mindful of future change.
- Programming, Visioning + Goal Setting
- Scenario Planning
- Test Fit + Space Planning
- Service Model Diagrams and Mapping Workflow
- WELL mapping
- 3-D imagery: Sketch-up + Enscape
- Interior Design
- Finish selections and Specifications
- FF+E selections + Coordination
- Mock-up Coordination
- Workplace Design
- Installation Oversight
- Project management: Budgeting, Scheduling and Coordination. FF+E project tracking
Resources available for Public Library operational planning, upon request.